Saturday, July 12, 2008

Australia-bound

I've been busy the past two weeks getting ready for my work trip to Australia. At the tail end of it, I'll get two and a half days to do what I like. The Aussie families I sit for have given me lots of suggestions. Among them:
  • Take the ferry to Manly: Northern Sydney peninsula with a nice beach and the ferry ride there is supposed to be great.
  • Order a burger with "the lot": An Aussie specialty burger with cheese,pineapple, bacon, egg, lettuce, beetroot (pickled beets) and tomato. That should be interesting. Other foods they said I need to try in Oz are a proper bacon and egg sandwich, fish and chips, and a cappuccino.
  • Visit Taronga Zoo: You need to take a ferry ride across Sydney Harbor to get there, but it's supposed to be great, plus there's a sky tram across the zoo.
  • Take a day trip to the Blue Mountains: West of Sydney and apparently a gorgeous area to hike and explore. I would love to do this, I just hope I'll have time.
  • Go to Bondi Beach: Famous surfing beach, though supposed to be a bit touristy. I was told if I had to pick between Bondi and Manly I should pick Manly.
  • See a performance at the Opera House: Which I am doing! I have tickets to a symphony performance there and I am thrilled about it.
Well, this post has gotten me more excited about exploring Sydney and the surrounding area. Now I just need to pack and wish I had an Australian accent.

1 comments:

mindovermatt said...

You have a blog?! Why wasn't I told about this? I look forward to more updates when you're back from down under!